Shelley Test Questionsand answers
1. Why was Shelley expelled from Oxford after only six months?
2. Why was Shelley considered a social outcast in England?
3. How does Shelley see England in "Sonnet: England in 1819"?
4. How is the wind both "destroyer" and "preserver" in "Ode to the West Wind"?
5. The introduction about Shelley calls his writing "the most passionate and intense of all the Romantic poets." Think about Shelley's poems you have read so far and explain why you think this assessment is fair or unfair.