Romeo and JulietAct IV Study Guide
I. Write definitions from pg. 570 for DRAMATIC IRONY and ARCHAIC WORDS
II. Answer the following questions:
1. Who is visiting Friar Laurence when Juliet arrives?
2. What does Juliet threaten to do if she is forced to marry Paris?
3. Friar Laurence gives Juliet a potion to make her sleep for this number of hours?
4. How will Romeo be told that Juliet is not dead?
5. What change does Capulet make in the wedding plans?
6. Of what is Juliet afraid if she drinks the potion?
7. Who takes charge of the preparations for the wedding feast?
8. Who tries to awaken Juliet and cries out that she is dead?
9. According to the bereaved father of Juliet, who is now his son-in-law?
10. The Friar says that tears of grief are natural, but there is also a reason to rejoice. What is this reason?
11. Who gives Juliet the sleeping potion?
12. What day of the week is this?
13. Juliet was afraid to be near this person in the tomb?
14. Juliet is upset because Romeo is banished to this city.
15. Where will Juliet rest while waitiing for the potion to run its course?