Keats Test Questions
1. What impact did Leigh Hunt have on Keats?
2. What circumstances make Keats's poetic career so remarkable?
3. What distinguishes Keats from many of the other Romantic poets?
4. Describe the setting, action , and mood of the first four stanzas.
5. How does Porphyro convince the nurse to let him hide in Madeline's room?
6. Why does Madeline cry when she awakes and finds Porphyro?
7. Although the outside world is portrayed as cold and threatening to the young lovers, the poem gives few reasons for this portrayal. What reasons might the young lovers have to fear the outside world? What does the ending suggest about their future?